Same problem as before - Analyzing new files is stuck on zero and does not progress

Roon Core Machine

Win 10
Intel I7 16gb 500gb nvme
Located in office

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired, checkpoint firewall, trendnet switches
PC in same room as server

Connected Audio Devices

Computer to matrix element m to active neumann speakers

Library Size

~80k tracks on synology nas

Description of Issue

I added new tracks and i checked on its analyzing track progress and it has not moved from 0 (out of 390) for hours. I have started and restarted roon server and raat application with no luck (worked in past for same problem). I have hard booted server with no luck. Analysis continues to be stuck at zero. I have increased the cores all the way up to 5 with no impact (this has helped in the past).
I posted about this a month ago and thought it was fixed or at least i had a fix (restarting roon service or rebooting server) but it is back.
If you would allow the user to see problem files, i am confident you would not have to spend as much time addressing these issues.
Hopefully i wont have to wait 20 days again to get no help as i did the last time i posted (and was ignored)

PS - Playing music to any connected audio device is not an issue. Its only the server not analyzing new tracks when added

Hi @cd_gibson, can you please do the following:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

Based upon historical response time, i did not want to wait days or weeks so i found a solution. It is not a “fix” but rather what i have to do to make sure the analysis of the added files for the server is completed.
As of now, that analysis is complete so i am not sure what you are asking is relevant any more. If it is (no more files to analyze) please respond back and let me know.
Otherwise my solution is the same as it was before which is to constantly start and restart roon and raat service. Doing that will allow me to get about 20 files analyzed before it stops. I continuously change the background audio speed from throttled to 5 cores. Like starting and restarting the server, it can add 10-20 additional files before it stops. If i do this enough and depending upon the number of files that need to be analyzed, i plod through them and eventually get it done.
The odd thing is, this does not always occur on every new track edition. I have not found a pattern to know when it will do it vs when it wont, unfortunately.

So, please respond back if your request is still needed. If not, I will go away until the next time this happens or if you have a fix based upon this occurring with someone else.

Just to be clear, the server has nothing on it running except win10 and associated windows pgms. It is solely setup for roon and roon only.

Hi CD,

Just a fellow user. I always suggest simplifying things to the least components when trying to investigate an issue.

Have you tried setting up a local storage area on the Wi dows RoonCore and putting new music to be analyzed there to see if the same issue occurs. This would eliminate the network and the NAS from consideration.

No I havent.
That’s a good idea as it may not be a Roon issue.
As mentioned complicating the problem is it is intermittent. Sometimes the additions work and others, not. If i set up a folder on the server put files in it and it worked it would not tell us anything about whether or not its a network issue or not, unfortunately. We would have the same outcome which is not knowing where the problem is and why it needs to be determined by @dylan or support team member as likely the logs will tell the answer right away