Samsung app can't find core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
I have a Samsung s21 Android phone with Roon installed.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
BT high speed broadband. WIFI.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type)
I have a WD NAS drive, a Windows 10 PC, and a Sonos setup and 2 Devialet Gold Phantom speakers. I have accounts with Spotify and Tidal HIDEF.

Description Of Issue
The app cannot find the/my core. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Roon app and rebooted my phone. I have entered my IP number but the app cannot find my core.

I can access all my music sources via the Devialet apps normal but Roon cannot find my core/WiFi set up. I have run the Fing app and it has found everything except Roon core.

Now resolved.

Can you relate what the solution was so other users might benefit.

Guessing it was manual connection in App using IP 255.255.255.255

I had to install it on Windows. I don’t think the website does a very good job in explaining in detail how to set it up. Marketing implies it can all be done by the phone. I cannot for the life of me get my Tidal playlists to appear in the software either.

Ah, so you didn’t have a core setup you just installed the client on a phone. Roon is a client/server setup. The Core aka Server part must reside on a computer, Windows, Mac, Linux. The client can be on a phone, tablet or other PC.

Have you setup your Tidal service in Roon under Settings/Services. And have you tried a manual sync, which is an option on that pop up screen.

And, yes, the phone interface is only a subset of what you can do in Roon. It’s purpose is mainly quick control etc. A tablet or PC will provide the full range of interface options.

Hey @Mike_LeGassick,

A 22-day delayed welcome to our community :wave:

I am so sorry we didn’t get a chance to reply sooner :pleading_face: . If you’ve been browsing the community, you might have seen us say that we’re working as hard as we can to reply to everyone as soon as possible.

It’s been a while since you brought up getting set up with Roon. Can we help with anything now?