Samsung tablet freezes when accessing the TIDAL scree in Roon

When I go to Browse > TIDAL, the screen of my tablet freezes at the TIDAL home page. When I close and reopen the Roon app, the frozen TIDAL screen reappears. When I reboot the tablet and open Roon, the frozen TIDAL screen reappears. The only way I could restore normal function the last time this happened was to uninstall and reinstall the Roon app.

I am using Roon 1.8 (build 806) from a Samsung tablet that accesses the core on a desktop computer running Debian 10 (Linux). The audio zone is a Bluesound Node 2i connected to a McIntosh amplifier. All of connections between the router, the desktop, and the Node 2i are wired. I use the TIDAL streaming service.

Hello @Paul_Murtaugh,

Thanks for letting us know of the trouble you ran into. We’re sorry about it :sweat:

I was wondering if your Roon Remote app froze at all before build 806? Also, if you go to the same screen (Browse → TIDAL) from your desktop (if not running headless) does it freeze?

:pray:

The Roon core on my linux desktop is headless. I was able to browse TIDAL from the Roon app on my Android phone. I don’t believe the Roon app on my Samsung tablet ever showed this behavior (freezing after Browse > TIDAL) before build 806.

I have this exact same problem on my samsung tablet

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.