Save Grouped Zones

+1 here too. I have 12 zones in my house and outside. I would like to have multiple groupings - all 12 as a group, my 8 inside house zones as a group, my 4 outside zones as a group, and still be able to play an individual zone, it’s a pain to keep grouping and ungrouping this many zones…

2 Likes

If you’re married, you should write a book about how you accomplished that. :wink:

1 Like

I like this idea, I could call a group “downstairs” and another “upstairs” etc without having to mess a round with individual endpoint settings.

Top suggestion :+1:

1 Like

Married, yes. Once I got above 5 zones she stopped counting…, :smile:

1 Like

Similar here, but I have an Extron switcher in the middle. At this point, it’s often easier to change the Extron configuration than group/ungroup from within Roon. I’d love to be able to spin up more Roon zones and leave the Extron static, but the usability isn’t there yet.

+1 would love to have this feature

2 Likes

Yes, I and my wife! would love to have this feature to save a zone group in order to be able to easily select the group or just 1 or some other subset of the group.

+1 for easily being able to play to the individual endpoints within a group. Recently added a Raspberry Pi and now have a roon ready group Sound quality is better than Chromecast, but not being able to play to the individual endpoints is a little frustrating.

Yep, same here. I love Roon, love the interface, but grouping and ungrouping is cumbersome.

Virtual zones made up of a group of zones is a superb idea.

1 Like

+1 for zones made up of other zones or individual devices

1 Like

Another plus one. Would be great to save these grouped zones next to the individual ones.

1 Like

+++ for the grouping option!

1 Like

+1 - really makes it impossible to set alarms for more than one device without saved groups so I’d love to see this

1 Like

+1,000… I’d use this on a daily basis if it was an option. Ever since I started using Roon, this has been top of my list. Seems like a no brainer and, to be honest, I’m surprised this doesn’t exist yet.

I’ve got my main system in the living room, but also stream to a variety of Apple devices… Would love to be able to save grouped zone(s) and then easily toggle them off / on without losing the individual zone settings for each…

Yes please!

3 Likes

Adding to this now three (3!!) year old feature request that I, too, would like to see implemented.

1 Like

+100

I have different scenarios or moods - Sunday Morning, House Party, etc. — that I go back to regularly. Would love this.

2 Likes

+1000 this would be really great to have. @roon is this something you’re working on?

4 Likes

Ok, I will add my +1000 probably my number one enhancement… @roon … is there a software reason why this is extremely complex? Any update as far as “it is on our list” “it is in the next release”, etc…

3 Likes

You won’t get a response like that. Not saying that’s good bad it’s just what it is.

2 Likes

Another feature I was expecting to work in Roon, but the Zone Groups are counter intuitive to me. I have multiple end points I’d like to set up presets for.

1st group: Every endpoint in my home for parties
2nd group: Main listening room end point only
3rd group: Kitchen and living room endpoints
4th group: Every AirPlay device in my home
5th group: Every RAAT supported device in my home

The ability to setup these preset groups should not disable the ability to select an individual endpoint from the Zones list. This is an odd design decision to me and very counter intuitive.

4 Likes