Scanning for new music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Generic Ethernet
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various

Description Of Issue

Roon scans a folder on my (QNAP) NAS for new music. If I put new music into a sub-folder, the new music isn’t spotted. If I take it out of the sub folder and put in the main folder, it is spotted. I assumed Roon would search all sub-folders but for some reason it doesn’t. I’m not aware of having set any special permissions for sub-folders but may that be it? The sub-folder was set up via a mac rather than via the NAS os but that can’t be it? I thought Roon had x-ray specs… (humour, arf arf)

Hello @anon72719171,

I wanted to get a few screenshots from you to make sure I see what you see. Could you please provide:

1. A screenshot of Settings > Storage. I want to see what folders are set to be watched
  2. The full path of the sub-folder. Could you open one of those sub-folders (one that’s in your watched folder) and show me how things are structured in there?

Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy, not sure about “full path of the sub folder”, attached images.

The file isn’t empty?

One possibility why it’s not working (but working when you move it up a folder) is: The path is too long.

That seems to work, shortening the folder name. I had no idea there was a limit! Thank you BlackJack, clap for you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.