Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not relevant here

Connected Audio Devices

Schiit Asgard 3

Number of Tracks in Library

~33,000

Description of Issue

New to Roon. Just installed.
The only audio device I use on my Mac is a DAC Schiit Asgard 3.
However, it is not recognised, ie not listed under “Manage Audio Devices” - only the embedded speakers of my 3 displays are recognised.

I have:

• refreshed Roon, also closed and restarted.
  • rebooted the Asgard twice.
  • closed any app that could control the audio device, eg Vox
  • changed the mac’s system audio device output to another then back
    to no avail.

Thanks for your help - I really like what I see with Roon so keen to be able to try :slight_smile:

How are you connected to the Asgard from the Mac and is the DAC turned on?

Connected via USB, straight to Mac Mini (no hub).
DAC is always turned on as it’s the only audio device I use, ie primary output of my Mac.

Hey @n1c,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question, and welcome to the community! My apologies for the delayed response and for your wait. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

I’m sorry to hear that you were having issues with connecting your Schiit Asgard 3. Since some time has passed I wanted to touch base to get your current status. If you’re still experiencing this problem and need assistance please let us know.

Are you able to play music using the Schiit Asgard 3 outside of Roon? On Tidal or Qobuz for example? And, how is your core connected to your network?

We’ll be watching for your reply and get back in touch as quickly as we can. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.