Schiit Wyrd opinions

I bought one and it seems to work as advertised, but I really didn’t notice any sound improvement. I guess maybe it you had a lot of usb devices connected to your computer it might be more useful. I only have a USB cable running to my DAC so not sure if I really need it. Just curios to what others have experienced.

I found a very subtle improvement but I did not notice this until it had been in place for a few weeks. Currently using the W4S Recovery and this to my ears made much more of a difference than the Wyrd (YMMV!).

Given the nominal cost I bought one when I bought the Yggy. I can’t say I’ve heard any differences of note, but I’ve not done any testing of any sort. I guess it’s somewhat dependent on your source and the DAC. My Yggy and main system are packed away, but I could do a little listening with and without it via the Jotunheim’s internal DAC and Sennheiser HD800 cans and provide some subjective feedback. Also have a Jitterbug somewhere so could do some sort of subjective comparison.

I have a Wyrd, as well as an Uptone Regen. Can’t say I notice a lot of difference in the sound quality, but I don’t have many USB issues, dropouts, clunks, clicks, or pops, etc. The Wyrd is between my iMac and my DAC. It’s a cheap tweak, and well, Schiit makes good Schiit. It’s a decrapifier…

it has a 15 day return policy if it doesn’t work out for you…

http://schiit.com/products/wyrd