Scrambled Genres

C

ontent you’re reporting an issue with

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

With the update before last, my ‘genres’ became this scrambled mess that you see here.

Clicking through, past the tiles, only reveals similar nonsense.

I was optimistic, but this was not improved by last week’s update.

Any thoughts please!

Hi @Richard_Messenger,

This looks like the result of local library interaction with Roon.

I have a few questions for you:

Are these local files?

If so, can you please upload a screenshot of your local library settings?

Are you using genres from Roon or are you using your file tags?

Also, can you tell us how your Genre page is sorted, By number of albums or by Genre name?

Thanks!

Thank you.

Yes, they are files on a NAS drive.

What, specifically do you want to see please?

Sorry, I don’t know.

The genres are sorted by name.

The frustrating thing is that this was working absolutely fine until about one month ago. I often would click ‘Jazz’, then ‘Instrumental’, then ‘Trumpet’ (or whatever). I am not aware of having changed any settings.

Okay.

I think I’ve got it.

If I sort by number of albums, the categories I am used to seeing, appear at the top.

Probably those spurious categories were always there. I just never scrolled so far down the list.

Is that it?

Hello again @Richard_Messenger,

Exactly, the problematic genre tags were always there, they just represent a very small percentage of your file tags and weren’t seen until your genres page was sorted by name.

Use the number of albums sort option and you should be good. If you decide later that you want to address the undesirable genre tags you can do so incrementally. However, based on your previous experience, of not noticing those as a problem, the urgency for that seems to be low priority.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.