Screen Freezes when selecting Genres

Hi, I have a Qnap 251+ , 8GB Ram and core on a separate SSD. My NAS is connected to a Devialet 220 expert pro via a network switch. I have 3500 albums in my library. I am generally ecstatic with performance, but have a problem in most instances when clicking on Genres and selecting a specific genre. My screen, Samsung s9 freezes and roon becomes totally unresponsive. Rebooting my phone and performing the same procedure generally solves the issue, it then selects the genre without freezing. It always happens when going into genres and clicking on a specific genre. Why is this happening? Kind regards, Douglas

Your experience is not unique, itā€™s consistent with what I and other users have experienced and reported. I suspect that very few people use the genre browse directly and as a result that part of the codebase has never been optimised.

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation that itā€™s not unique.

So the workaround is , after selecting genres, scroll up and down a few times, go out , go back in again, voilašŸ˜I hope Roon fix it soon as I make use of genres a lot.

Iā€™ve asked on numerous occasions that it be looked atā€¦ deaf ears.

Hi @Douglas_Henning,

Apologies for the trouble here! So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Does this behavior occur with other remotes besides the Samsung remote?

What is the total number of tracks in your library including local, TIDAL, and Qobuz tracks?

@dylan it happens on all control points , wired or wireless. Iā€™m sending you a video link showing genre load and another immediately following the first. They take the same length of time, so one is led to believe the browse is not cached.

Hi Dylan,
Total number of tracks = 51000
NAS: QNAP TS 251+ with 8GB RAM (4TB Seagate Ironwolf in RAID1)
Roon Core: Samsung 250GB solid state drive, connected to the NAS
Network Switch: TP-LINK SF 1008P
Router: ASUS RT-AC87U, high-speed fiber.
Music Player: Devialet 220 pro CI
Router, NAS and Devialet connected to switch with Furutech LAN7 ethernet cable.

I only use my Samsung S9 as my remote.

Kind Regards,
Douglas

Hi @Douglas_Henning,

Thanks for the info here. I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into whatā€™s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, Iā€™d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the issue occurs. Then respond here with that time, and Iā€™ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi Dylan, it seems to be working exceptionally well now. I have been trying to recreate it, but itā€™s ultra responsive. :grin: I will keep on testing and respond if I can recreate it, with the time. Kind Regards, Douglas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.