Screen Resolution for Roon Remote

I am using Roon by having core (Roon Server) and control (Roon Remote) installed on my media center PC.
The PC’s video is connected to my system via a Denon receiver (HDMI input).
Denon’s video output is connected to a 4k TV. The PC is 4k (3840x2160) capable.
However, Denon is only 1080p (1920x1080).
As an outcome of such a configuration, Roon’s screen is technically 1080p only but up-scaled to 4k on TV itself.
In other words, I am not gaining any additional screen area. So, things are just slightly bigger.

When I was setting up Roon Remote software, I have received a message stating that I either need to up the screen resolution or switch Roon Remote to a full screen.
That tells me that Roon Remote prefers higher resolution screens in order for the UI to work properly.

Finally, here is my question.
Is there an advantage of having 4k (3840x2160) screen resolution on Roon Remote PC?
Did anybody had a chance to test 4k scenario?
Any feedback from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

With 1920x1080 effective resolution Roon should run fine in both full screen and windowed mode.
If you saw that message from Roon I suspect your PC has Windows scaling set to 150%, this effectively reduces the effective screen resolution by that factor.

I run Roon on 27" 2560 x 1440 touch screen with no scaling … I like it a lot.

On a TV you have viewing distance and font size to consider, I suspect on a 4K Windows scaling would be required. Are you able to bypass the Denon, just as a trial?

Hi Carl. Thank you for a quick response. Yes, I do have an option to bypass Denon by connecting 4k TV directly to HDMI output on the PC. I think this is a good idea to try first. I am sure some Windows scaling will be necessary to navigate Roon comfortably from a sitting position. Time to re-route some cables. :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Windows remote advice