Scrobbling Artist Data Issue in Roon (ref#UI4H2A)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Description of Issue

Hi guys,

Please see the attached picture, I am trying to work out how to scrobble for example this album… I want the artist data as seen for each track individually to be transferred/scrobbled to my last.fm profile.

If I choose to prefer Roon data for artist info, then last.fm will scrobble the whole long line of artists, “FROM SOFTWARE / Keiichiro Segawa / Kota Hoshino / etc etc etc” as the primary artist for ALL tracks. If I instead choose to fetch meta data from file (prefer “file” instead of Roon data), one would think that for example “Mijk van Dijk” as seen on track number one, would show in last.fm but instead 星野康太 (Kota Hoshino) is being scrobbled as the main artist on every track… This guy is the artist of for example track number 2, as you can see in the picture.

Listening to music and scrobbling through Winamp shows the correct info in last.fm instantly, i.e. Mijk Van Dijk is the artist of the track RoboCombat.

Is it possible to achieve this in Roon too?

Roon Server Platform

Windows

Roon Server Specifications

Windows 11, i9-9900K CPU

Connected Audio Devices

Presonus Quantum, Thunderbolt

Home Network Details

Ethernet connection, computer straight to a TP-Link “Archer C80” router.

Screenshot

SOLVED! I need to browse through “all” my music files / ID3 tags and remove the “Album Artist” information… anyone know a better and faster solution, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.