Scroll not functioning on trackpad with Magic Keyboard on 4th gen iPad Pro

Neither the menu or album areas will scroll using the trackpad on Magic Keyboard with iPad Pro 4th gen, with today’s update release of core and iPad app software.

8 Likes

I am having the same issue,

To clarify, you mean that two finger scroll gestures available since iPadOS 13.4 aren’t supported, horizontally or vertically? I see that. Push and drag works, but the scroll gestures would be very nice.

This really needs adressing. Finally, having Roon in protrait mode, then the gestures via Magic Mouse and Trackpad doesn’t work? When the iPad is setup as a desktop workstation i don’t want to grease the screen with my fingers…
@support, is this accknowledged and prioritised?

2 Likes

Same issue here on 2018 iPad Pro 11” with Magic Keyboard (or any other supported trackpad FWIW)

1 Like

Same here really annoying having to use the screen…can’t be a hard fix surely.

+1. This is a major usability issue for everyone with IPad and mouse. Have Roon commented on a fix?

Two and a half months have gone by with no fix or comment by Roon.

1 Like

I have the same issue, I’m amazed with the keyboard, and I hope Roon’s app can support it in the short term. The workaround I use is to use the Apple Pencil, so I don’t grease the screen. Hope to give you an idea meanwhile we get the trackpad support

Add me to the list. I don’t understand why Roon’s behavior is consistently unlike any other Mac/iOS app I’ve ever used. There’s nothing good about having a weird UX–it’s not better!

Same here :frowning_face:

How can we put this as a feature request?

Same here… hope this can be fixed in a next release!

Hi guys @dylan @noris , can we provide an update on this matter? Thanks.

1 Like

Roon support pointed out it is not just scroll, and it’s not just the Magic keyboard, and it’s not just 4th gen iPad. Mobile Roon on iOS doesn’t support a keyboard at all.

That said, I requested this when I got my Magic keyboard, but after a few months it is being used only as an expensive charging stand. I type this on the glass…

Hi All,

Thanks for the reports. We haven’t done any testing with iOS + Keyboards in the QA lab, but I have mentioned your report to the team, we’ll look into this.

3 Likes

@noris excuse me but… after half a year???

1 Like

Hi @saschamt,

This thread is under #feature-requests, as keyboard support on iOS is not part of existing Roon functionality.

Typically, Roon support do not comment at all on feature requests, feature requests are for the product team and Roon support cannot make product decisions.

Because I agree that this feature request has merit, I notified the team directly regarding this thread and we’ll start looking into the reports, not sure what else you want me to do?

2 Likes

It sounded like you’ve just mentioned our “reports” to the team. To me, if so, that’s just way too late given the fact the earliest mentions of the problem are from April.

And yes, there’s some frustration in that remark since Roon continuously runs into arbitrary limitations with a modern platform like iPadOS (orientation on the 11 inch, keyboard support, trackpad support) due to the non-nativeness of its UI.

I love Roon for what it is and the functionality it brings but this shortcoming will always be an issue for me.

Great news, please let us know an ETA, thanks again… hoping it’s a quick fix.
Absolutely love Roon, strong supporter so let’s get this fixed in the next release.

1 Like