Scrolling bug on Android tablet

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro
i5, 8gb, 128gb SSD
Dedicated as Roon core
Roon server 1.8 build 783 64bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Huawei HG569
1000mb ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 2018, Android 9.0, Roon Remote 1.8 build 783
Listening via Chromecast Audio into Schiit Modi 3 via Optical

Description Of Issue

When reading the Pink Floyd bio scrolling is very difficult and impossible when on the second half of the bio text. Happened to notice that it scrolls perfectly when using the small blank space to the left of the text and the large blank space to the right of the text.

This occurs in both portrait and landscape orientation. Does not happen on my Andriod phone.

Felt it was easier to show you the issue via video, so recorded the issue with ‘Show taps’ and ‘Show layout bounds’ enabled in the Andriod Developer Options menu.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-B9yPBBqDhn6_ok1UnfkANM6a4W4Di0d/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mike

Galaxy Tab 5se is the same. Scrolling is horrible.

Hagen

1 Like

Hey @anon11710408,

Wow! Thank you for the detailed description, screenshot and video. It’s quite a thorough way to report an issue - a big thank you!

I’m very sorry you had to reach out about it and just as sorry that it took us 10 days to get back to you :pleading_face:.

I’ve taken this to our technical team so they can take a closer look, but, in the meantime, would you mind letting us know if the latest update (build 790) has helped with this at all?

Hello. Yes definitely still an issue with build 790.

Hi all,

I see the same behaviour (previously reported) on my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro. I’m wondering if this report of a similar issue on an iPad is the same bug.

Hi @anon11710408

I just wanted to let you know that we have a ticket in with our QA team on this. Thanks!

2 Likes