Search and accessibility

Roon Version 1.3 (build 262) stable (64bit)
MacOS 10.11.6, iMac 27, late 2013
Synology DiskStation DS412+, DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4
74000 tracks

I have to use a virtual keyboard. When opening search, the search field often loses focus when I move the cursor outside to the virtual keyboard for entering the search term. If I move it slowly and “carefully” it keeps focus.

It might be an MacOS issue but it’s annoying and it would be great if you could fix it.

Thanks a lot!

Hi @Michael_Sicher ----- Thank you for the report and my sincere apologies for the slow response.

Moving forward, we are going to be doing some testing in house based on the information you’ve shared in your report and once I have some feedback from our techs I will be sure update you promptly.

Your patience is very appreciated!
-Eric

Hi @Michael_Sicher ----- Thank you for your patience while I have been looking into this behavior for you.

Moving forward, I tested the virtual keyboard feature on a Macbook Air, running Roon, and I am not noticing the search field (in Roon) losing focus when I move the cursor to interact with the keyboard.

I don’t know if this is possible, but is there a way for you to show me the issue occurring?

-Eric

Please see attached screen recording. This is also true for any input field. Maybe it depends on the MacOS version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzoc700ikjd9m0x/roon.mkv?dl=0

It looks like you might be using a third-party keyboard app. Have you tried using the MacOS virtual keyboard?

Basically the same. Because the focus is lost when moving the mouse. Even without any virtual keyboards open. Maybe a Logitech issue (where I would understand if you don’t investigate further).

Hi @Michael_Sicher ----- Thank you for the video! Very appreciated :clap:

Moving forward, I re-ran the test using OSX’s virtual keyboard and as you can see from my screenshot, I am not losing “focus” when navigating away from the search field (in Roon) to interact with the keyboard.

-Eric

Than I assume it’s an OS X or Logitech issue. Anyway, thanks a lot @Eric.

1 Like