Search, Artist Display Are Super-Slow

I assume it’s another server-side issue, but searching today is taking forever. A search for “Delta Sweete” took ~25 seconds. Loading artist pages is also (intermittently) taking a while–say, ~10 seconds–and, for many, the album display also takes another 10 or 20 seconds to pop up.

For what it’s worth, I’m running the latest Roon Server on a Mac Mini, using the optical out, with both Tidal and Qobuz. There’s nothing else running on the Mini. I’ve restarted the Mini and Roon Server, to no effect. Playback works perfectly, per usual.

I’m posting this less to get support–I’m pretty sure the problem’s not on my end–than to make sure that the Roon team is aware of the issue.

Hi @amg,

If you reboot your Core machine do things speed up for you?

As noted above, I did that. Didn’t help, unfortunately.

Hi @amg,

Thanks for confirming. Moving forward, I’d like to gather some additional information for the technical team so they can take a closer look.

First, please provide describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating. Please be sure to also include your typical internet speeds.

Is analysis being performed by your Core machine? Is there a spinner in the upper-right of Roon? How many tracks total are in your library?

Next, I’d like to ask you to perform the following tests so we can gather some information about what your current performance is like. After each step below (except the reboot) let us know how many seconds each action takes:

1. Reboot your Core machine.
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

I’ll pass the above information over to the technical team to aid in their investigation. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: High CPU usage after adding new files

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.