Search artist in Roon does not reveal all available albums in Qobuz

I found 41 (25 solo and 16 group).

But there are 42 solo on Qobuz!

Ah, got it.

Actually, I think this is a version problem. When I do the following:
Search for Whitesnake
Click on Whitesnake the artist.
On Whitesnake artist page click View All Main Albums
Then click on Whitesnake (30th Anniversary). Note this is the only album presented to me titled “Whitesnake”.
Then go to Versions. There you will see the album you were looking for, and a number of others.
What is crazy (and just wrong IMO) are there some albums with 44 tracks and some with 11. I don’t see how Roon can make an equivalence between an album with 44 tracks and one with 11, but it does. One has to KNOW that what Roon considers a version may be a totally different album to you. But if they have the same main title name, that’s where you will find them.

Hahaha…I wish I “got it” where this is concerned but it is beyond silly that Roon cannot scan all these albums . This is not the integration I expected or paid for.

Yes, did the qobuz search, something’s wrong. Roon says they get a complete dump of qobuz’s catalog. At least that was my understanding. I also think roon scans its own db, as opposed to a qobuz api search? Hopefully they (@support) can look into it?

1 Like

I agree. Same happened with Mike Oldfield as per my previous posts. the annoying thing is that i cant even find them searching by individual titles. This is a huge negative for me. One of several i’m afraid. Do @support follow these threads or do i contact directly?

1 Like

They should get notice their tag was invoked.

1 Like

Roon knows about this and the devs know about it. But I suspect they have other fish to fry with 1.8 nearing release.

Well thats not too encouraging seeing as how long this has been a problem.

1 Like

Thanks for your responses everyone. Glad to know it’s not just something I’m missing.

I’ve just checked again and if I now search for Whitesnake and list ‘All Albums’, I see 32 albums. One is the Whitesnake (2018 Remaster) and another is Whitesnake 30th Anniversary Collection. What is interesting is that these are now being presented as separate albums instead of the former being identified as a version of the later - as noted by Scott G.

I was initially surprised to see Rainbow’s ‘Catch the Rainbow’, Deep Purple’s ‘The Collection’ and Taja’s ‘What Lies Beneath’ also listed. But a bit of digging reveals that all of these albums contain covers of Whitesnake songs. So probably OK. There are other albums that mention Whitesnake on the cover.

But it still doesn’t explain why initially the results of searching for Whitesnake only showed one Qobuz album and why I’m getting lots after I added an album to my library.

Anyway, I’m sufficiently convinced by Roon’s multi-room capability and its search suggestions that I’ve signed up for lifetime! I believe its only going to continue to get better :slight_smile: :grinning:

2 Likes

As an example…If I search for “X my Heart by Peter Hammill” on Roon I get nothing. But the album is on Qobuz. How can that be, given that Roon is supposed to fully integrate my Qobuz account. This is even worse than the bad search result issue, as it is blocking access to the full Qobuz catalog.

3 Likes

Great to hear that @Adrian_Berry! Roon does have it’s quirks, but it has truly changed how I find and listen to music. It’s a complex piece of software in a lot of ways, and it takes time to understand how to leverage its strengths and get around its weaknesses.

I get 63 in Qobuz Ireland on a search on “Peter Hammill”. But many of those are joint albums, appearances, alternative spellings like “Pete Hammill” that roon separates out.

I count 28 “Peter Hammill” in Qobuz which is that same that I get for “Main Albums” in roon. I don’t know if there are regional differences.

Cheers, but I am not counting any results other than original solo albums (no appearances, etc). I have no idea why you only get 28 in Qobuz. I get 43 actual Peter Hammill albums (of which 3 are with collaborators, no appearances etc). And I know that is the correct amount as I follow him very closely. I get 23 on Roon. I really appreciate the feedback but I believe I know what I’m doing and I know that my Qobuz feed is being throttled for some reason by Roon. And its not just this artist. Same with many others, eg Mike Oldfield. From what I am reading here I’m not the only one. Why would Roon not show an album listed in Qobuz if it’s searched for with the exact title and performer? And this goes for over 12 of this particular artists titles. @support

Strange. I just get this in Qobuz:

The rest are with Van der Graff Generator, collaborations, appearances etc.

Qobuz doesn’t give a count but when I count them I get 28 same as roon. There are a couple of possible differences. Qobuz region. my account is Ireland. Also I’m using the web player rather than the app. I also noticed some “Peter Hammil” (with one “l”) at the end. These are some kind of bootlegs, out of copy-write copies that Qobuz is plagued with. Not just this artist. There are many posts. Some famous Jazz artists have over a thousand of these sorts of albums. How well it is controlled seems to vary a lot between region and region. Other than that I don’t know either why we are seeing different things.

Very curious indeed!
Out of curiosity, and if you have a minute, see if you can find these on Roon…all by Peter Hammill and visible on Qobuz.

x my heart
Loops and Reels
Sonix
Consequences

I cannot see these on Roon.

I am no Peter Hammill expert. Maybe I am searching in the wrong way. But in my region none of those come up either on Qobuz or roon.

Thank for trying mate.
this is a part of my Qobuz page…you can see all 4 of them

Really weird you dont see them on your Qobuz page

Very strange. Probably time for @support to weigh in to provide an explanation.