Netgear Gear 12 port Gb switch
Mac(s) and Roon connected to Gb ethernet ports
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus + / 16 GB RAM > USB/ Meridian 818 v 3

Number of Tracks in Library

700,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Since the latest OS and data base updates, has been very hard if not impossible at times to connect to search–continue to be asked to retry. This could be a problem of the search term not being deleted from the search box, and long list of searches continuing to appear. It helps somewhat when I delete the search term and delete the long list and delivers fast results as it always has-- but I’m not certain this truly solves the failure to connect to search problem. I’ve re-booted my entire system several times and problem persists. Everything else is working perfectly in Roon via my system as before the updates

Hi @Norman_Spector,

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response from Roon. I’m terribly sorry for the issues you’ve faced.

I pulled your diagnostic logging and your issues are quite apparent there! Here’s an example:

11/14 22:58:09 Error: [search] error computing search results: 

Pretty telling.

Can you try this for me? Go to your Nucleus WebUI and select reinstall. When the process is completed, use the same UI to shut your Nucleus down (screenshot below). Then disconnect the power from the Nucleus, wait a good 30 seconds, reconnect and power up.

I will likely need to escalate matters if this doesn’t do the trick so please let me know!

Wes

Doing it now. Started re-install and got disconnected. Now re-connected and it’s trying again. How long should this take? Can you keep an eye on it?

Hi @Norman_Spector,

It should only take about a minute. I do show your Nucleus as offline. Can you press the power button on it and see if anything changes?

Wes

I pressed the button and it’s still illuminated. Should I try to shut it down manually?

It should be coming online within moments of pushing the power button.

However, I still show it to be offline. There may very well be an underlying issue as a reinstall shouldn’t cause this.

If this were my Nucleus I might disconnect the power and try to power it back on and access the WebUI. If I couldn’t do so, the next step would be to connect it to a monitor or TV via the HDMI ports and see what is displayed on the screen. Please let me know what you see if you end up getting this far and we’ll go from there.

Wes

The nucleus plus turned off after I pressed the power button. Have now disconnected the power and will re-connect. I will now power it back on

The Nucleus + is now trying to find the core

Sometimes it can take quite a while to connect to my core which it is trying to do, so I’ll let it run as usual

Hi @Norman_Spector,

I am still showing the Nucleus as offline. We should be seeing it within a minute of the unit being powered up. You will likely need to connect it via HDMI for me to figure out what we should be doing next.

Wes

Yes, it is still searching for the core. It sometimes takes an hour to find it. Should you be seeing it online?

Nucleus + just got a lock on my DAC, which is the first step in loading my library – can you see it online now?

all looking normal here – though it can take a long time for the library to appear

The Library has now loaded. Everything looking normal. Will now try a search or two or three

Search now seems to be working. Thanks for your help which proved incisive. An observation for @danny. I offered to help troubleshoot this issue nearly two weeks ago and suggested that my logs be accessed which is what @noris once used to help solve an issue. Was not taken up on the offer. And, as you can see reading today’s thread, I know what is normal behaviour for my system without going to any extremes.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re back up and running. If you have any kind of regression on this issue, please let me know. We can take more extreme measures should it become necessary.

Regards,
Wes

Thanks Wes. You helped immensely

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.