Search for album across all sources

I searched for ‘pat metheny from this place’ in Roon. I have purchased one song from this album and it is in my local library. The full album is available in TIDAL and Qobuz. The top search result is the one song from this album in my local library. Further down, the album appears and it shows that this album is in my local library, Qobuz and TIDAL.

I want to play the full album from Qobuz or TIDAL. When I click the album it only shows the song that I purchased in my local library and not the full album in Qobuz or TIDAL.

How can I go to the full album in Qobuz or TIDAL to play it?

I figured it out overnight. The Versions tab was where I needed to click. In case someone else new to Roon needs to do this then here’s a pictorial answer (which I think is the right way to do this).

After the search, I got the following screen and saw the album was available in my local library, Qobuz and TIDAL. I wanted to play the album via Qobuz.

Next, I clicked on the Versions tab.

Here I saw the album referenced in my local library, Qobuz and TIDAL.

Finally I clicked on the Qobuz version and the Play Now button.

I was scratching my head for a while last night over this, so I hope the above helps another newbie to Roon out who is trying to do the same.

1 Like