Search function hangs on iPad remote

After the recent app update, when using the search function, the search feature stops working and there is no way to get it working again. Very annoying!

Looking forward to a quick fix asap.

Hi @Jaan_Warnhoff ----- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

In order for us to have a better sense of this behavior you’re reporting, we will need the following information:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup, using this link as a guide.

• Please clarify the following…

• What are the exact symptoms of this issue with the search function?

• How is it being triggered? What are you doing in the application, procedurally speaking that is causing the issue to manifest itself.

• Where is the issue occurring? On your core machine? On your remote(s)? Both?

-Eric

Setup: From a QNAP TVS-682 with CAT8 cable to a dCS Network Bridge to dCS Vivaldi DAC. The Roon core is on the QNAP (SSD)

Symptoms: I simply entered name of artist and the search worked fine for about 3 searches. After that it was not possible to enter a new search as the search box did not responded to any input. It was not possible to close the search box nor the input keyboard. i tried several times and restarted the app but the search box came up looking exactly the same, i.e. lockes and nonresponding

Hope that this info helps!

I can only see the fault in the iPAD app.

Hi @Jaan_Warnhoff ---- I just passed your feedback over to our QA techs to perform a quick test using a similar setup to yours, but then it dawned on me that we are still waiting for apple to approve our latest build :dizzy_face: Apologies.

Can you please take the update on your iPad when it goes live and let us know if you are still having this issue with the search function afterwards?

-Eric