Search no longer Works

Roon Core Machine

Toshiba Satellite C855-S5350 Intel Pentium 6, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Comcast/Xfinity router Arris TG1682G, Ethernet, Netgear GS60v5, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Android 11, updated March 1, 2022 (up to date), Roon App 1.8 Build 952

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet, NAD M32, BluOS MDC

Number of Tracks in Library

I don’t know. And I can’t easily find where this information is. You need to do a better job at this.

Description of Issue

Example: Click the Search icon, enter Artist or Album name that I know is tagged as a Favorite (Linda Oh, or Beatles, or Dark Side [of the Moon]), Roon starts the Search, but never finds anything, but continues to Search indefinitely until I cancel the Search. Never finds anything, either from my local Library or Tidal. It started doing this after one of the most recent updates.

Does it stay that way even after a complete reboot?

Number of tracks is on the home page, right under “Hello, Art!”

Yes. I turn off/on reboot the PC/Roon Core, NAD M32 & Galaxy Tablet everyday, and after any updates.

Number of Tracks = 29182

EDIT: When I booted Roon Core on my laptop, some other page (not Home) was always showing (Experimental Music). I had to navigate to the Home page in order to see Number of Tracks. At some time in the past, probably when I first started using Roon a few months ago, I must have navigated to something else and apparently it stayed that way until I navigated back to Home

I’m not entirely sure if this was caused by a recent update, or another issue.

I first noticed the Search issue after clicking on “Explore” in Tidal. Long pause, then Roon tablet app closed . Restart Roon app on tablet, do a Search and no response as originally described.

Update: Just tried the Search again. After a few seconds it returned “There is a problem with your search”.

If I go directly to Tidal on another PC/Chrome browser, the artist is definitely in My Favorite Artists. But Roon is not finding anything.

Have you tried logging out of Tidal in Roon, and logging back into Tidal in Roon? If that does not work, you may want to log out of Tidal in Roon, log out of Roon, close Roon on the Core, reboot your W8.1 laptop, and then log back into the Core and the Tidal from Roon.

I usually “Close” Roon everyday when I’m done listening and turn the PC off. Is there a way to actually “Logout” before Closing Roon, or does Closing Roon/shut down PC accomplish the same thing?

Last night I tried a different approach. In Roon, I selected Tidal → My Artists → Filter → Artist Name. This got me to what I want. But the Search icon still returns me to “There is a problem with your search”. There is also a small circle with an “X” (Close?) button. I can’t click on it to Close that Window. I have to use the < arrow to go back a page or two.

Art, unfortunately I do not suscribe to Tidal or Qobuz so cannot provide a first-hand view on what you are experiencing. However, if you do want to try to log out of everything and then log back in, you can log out of your Roon Core by going into Settings then General and at the top of the page you can select “Logout”. Then you can log back in and this may help, but first log out of Tidal from within Roon to ensure both logins are “refreshed” to the Core. I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.