Search not finding tracks/artists on Tidal

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon 1.8 (756) on macOS 10.15.7

Description Of Issue
I’ve recently been finding that some things I search for on Roon are either hard to find, or I can’t find them at all. However, if I search on Tidal, they are there and easily found. I never noticed this before on 1.7, but maybe I’m just searching for different things now.

For example:
search for “wave saver” on Tidal and the artist “wave saver” is the top result. Search on Roon for “wave saver” and the top result is “Rogue Wave” and the artist “wave saver” isn’t even in the “more” listing.

search for “minari” and the Minari OST album is number 2 on Tidal search, but nowhere to be found on any of the Roon search results. The album is, however, in Roon’s database - if I search for the artist (“mosseri”) that gives me the correct artist as the top result, and the album “Minari” is in the discography.

I realise that Roon search is different from Tidal search, but it seems odd that exact matches aren’t being found by Roon.

Is this a “feature” or a bug, or something that I can fix?

Hi @markauk

Wave Saver appears to be working okay for me — Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you do that search?

I’m seeing similar behavior though for Minari — We will look into this.

Thanks @dylan.

Wave Saver is working for me now, so I’m afraid I can’t send you a screenshot of any use. That said, those were just examples, I had noticed this a few times with other searches (can’t remember what now). If I catch any more I’ll let you know, but hopefully “Minari” will shed some light on what’s going on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.