Search not returning results since updating to Build 952 [Solved: Update to Build 970]

My search function is not working after the lastest update - yet another update break-age…

roon symbol just goes round and round and round - returns zero results and goes round and round

rebooted, restarted, all the usual…
any explanations?

I have the same problem and started very recently.

I submitted the Roon Server log . Filename is RoonServerLogs-a_m2.zip

Search not returning results,- same here.
Setup of Core Machine see attached screenshot.
The network environment, etc is not the issue, as everything remained unchanged and worked before the search problem occurred.

Hey Gang, I just wanted to send a quick update to let you know that we’ve made good progress in researching the cause of the search issues you’re seeing and we’re currently working on a patch fix. We apologize again for the trouble. I’ll be back in touch as soon as I have additional details. Thank you for your patience and courtesy while we get this sorted out. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

See screenshot
Roon Core on Windows Server 2016

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fritzbox 7490
SOtM Switch
Roon Remote Control Apps on Macbook Pro, iPad Air, iPhone 12 Pro

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Klimax DS

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Since a little while the search function does not work at all.
I cannot exactly tell when this happened. Everything worked fine up to that point.
I was prompted for a system update, which I ignored because I was listening. I never was prompted thereafter. Did it update without my permission? Anyway, I suspect it has to do with an update, since everything worked nicely before.
In addition I have the following issues:
Playlists / queues stop playing almost after every songs end. I have to manually skip or start next title.
When looking for an available software update, I hit “Find Roon OS” under “Setup” and the system just shows “Searching for Roon OS Core” and does not find it.

The not functioning Search and the discontinuation of replay when playing queues is very annoying!
Looking forward to quick advice or a software update / fix.

Have a look here

Search function could not be used due to using method which is not available in older .NET Framework platform in Windows 7-8.1 / Windows 10 TH1-TH2.

06/03 08:02:48 Critical: [search] Failed to perform search for query carabao.: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘System.Collections.Generic.HashSet1<!!0> System.Linq.Enumerable.ToHashSet(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<!!0>)’.
at PetitSearch.SearchIndex1.ResolveActiveScoringFeatures(List1 requestUsedFeatures)
at PetitSearch.SearchIndex`1.d__19.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibrarySearchIndex.d__45.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibrarySearchIndex.d__44.MoveNext()
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.UnifiedSearchResults.d__80.MoveNext()
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.UnifiedSearchResults.d__77.MoveNext()
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryApi.d__1.MoveNext()
at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryApi.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()

This bug looks similar to previous critical bug that caused database failing to initialize and was fixed days later. Please fix this bug for Windows devices can’t update .NET Framework to version 4.8 thank you.

Regards,
Keetakawee

2 Likes

Hi,Just me again, search is just too slow, again (even local files)! When you role out a new upgrade make sure the basics are working…
Otherwise i am out,

Regards/Johan

APP Device : Macbook pro, iphone X
Roon code : install on Playback designs Syrah (build 952)
Stream: Qobuz
Problem: search can not work from about two weeks ago

Windows X strikes again. Seriously, Roon should hire you to troubleshoot for them :wink: This is twice you’ve identified the .NET issue here. The replies I got after posting the search issue were, shall I say, less than helpful. Curious to know what’s causing the memory leakage issues that others have reported.

1 Like

Same problem, search is in a loop with no answer.
My remote is an Ipad.

Same problem with me - extremely frustrating.

Roon Playlists do not show in search since V.952

Mac mini 2018
3 GHZ 6 core Intel
64 GB Memory

All this time, I thought the issue was with my core machine (Mac mini M1), but today, instead of restarting the core, I restarted the player on an intel iMac and all was well again.

So, I can restart either the core or the player and fix the problem.

Very interesting

1 Like

My searches take forever or never resolve. Home screen gets stuck. This morning I pressed play for an album, fed my cats, and after 5 mins was surprised with music. The playback seems ok. If I reboot Roon core some of this searches shenanigans go away.

Roon has identified the bug and is working on a fix. Click on “Jamie” in my post directly above (upper right corner)

Roon Core Machine

I have problems searching for albumns. This Happened since Roon was updated. I cannot search any album or artist. System freeze and do not offer any result.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue