Search not returning results since updating to Build 952 [Solved: Update to Build 970]

Any projections on when we’ll get a patch?

Search not working for me on any devices in build 952

Why is this taking so long? Can’t this get fixed in 2 weeks?

1 Like

Well, I suppose this is so because there are other issues that need to be fixed in the short term, too, before a new version can be released. It is simply not practical to release partial fixes in several releases spaced a couple of days between each other. The confusion and outcry of users would be immense… And in any case, it’s preferable this takes its time while a new version gets tested, wouldn’t you agree?

2 Likes

There is a concept called Regression Testing.
I would expect this to be done prior to release.

1 Like

I just updated the .net framework on my core machine to 4.8

Search now working again, thanks @Keetakawee_Punpeng

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing problems with the search function on both my PC and iPad.
I’ve sent you my logs.

Maybe. When a feature that a lot of people (paying customers) is broken, and people can’t use that feature for 2 weeks, then I think a hotfix is most certainly dictated, regardless of pulling the developers off new feature projects. I did pay for this, and I have been inconvenienced a lot by it being broken. And we still have no even vague ETA when we’ll have it back.

I don’t think this is a great customer service focus.
-Alan

Hey @Alan_Sparks and fellow thread watchers,

The search fix is in the final stages of testing with QA and appears to be sorted, it’s slated for the next release. There are other 952 fixes bundled in the build that are also in the process of being signed off on. I’m sorry that I can’t provide an exact release date just yet. I can say that we’re in the home stretch. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused all of you.

For now, please use the filter and focus tools to access music that’s already in your library. Thank you for your courtesy and patience while we stitch up these final threads. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

hi, i just uploaded the logs with my user name and mail to your system, thanks

With pleasure. I hope they’ll resolve it for other customers soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yet another week down… :frowning: I know they keep saying use filters, but that only works on local library.

Maybe you missed this.

No, I did not. This is why I made the comment about filters only working on local library. Well aware, and still waiting.

1 Like

I am new here. I have a problem with searching music. I got the latest version of the roon 5.6. but I don’t get the search results and I don’t know what is the problem. Other than search function, everything seems to be working fine with Roon core software. Currently, roon core is installed on my laptop with windows 8.1 running as OS.

Welcome and when you have problems, post in the support category as that’s where Roon support look. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Gang,

Thanks again for your patience while we addressed your Build 952 reports. Please download and update Build 970 which contains a fix for the search issues. Thanks!

2 Likes