Search on ipad: cannot clear search box without backspacing to delete each of the letters

Can you then give some examples which stack up? Because your Apple spotlight one definitely does not.

Looking again on Windows 10, the x does close down the search box. The difference is that as soon as you start typing the previous search goes away and you are typing a new search. Maybe ios does not allow this functionality?

Seems the filter box has the same idiosyncrasy as the search box.

How very frustrating.

There is a work around on the filter box: simply close the filter box and reopen it and the filter box is empty. On the search box this does not happen. If it did that could be the solution.

Roon are at least looking at this issue, although no guarantees:

1 Like

@SimplicityCompass I think that Roon have misunderstood the complaint here. The author of the linked post thinks the issue is that the search box is too small for longer artist names. The issue is that the search box does not clear when you initiate a new search.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad to see Roon have responded to your concern.

In that thread, I linked to other topics that provided a wider context (including this one) to the issue. I assumed from the second post from Roon that they understood that the issues were related.

The Search box using my MacBook Pro doesn’t clear and is virtually unusable since the last update unless manually cleared