Search results tracks field shows empty and crash on pressing more (Windows 10) [Investigating]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Qnap TS-451+/QTS 4.5.2.1566/ 8Gb Ram/Roon 1.8 build 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys E4200 / Ethernet

Remote Device

MS Surface Pro6 i5/8 Gb ram/ Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Streaming service

Qobuz

Description Of Issue
On the search results page under tracks the field is empty even though some results have been found, signified by the more button. Pressing the more button shows the results, however more often than not Roon crashes. The crash also occurs pressing the more button next to compositions.

Also, on the recordings page I get some anomalies, empty results (see below).

Apologies if this has already been reported, but couldn’t find anything similar.

Regards, Jon.

Thanks for the report, @Jono!

Does this happen for all remote devices, or just the Surface?

Could you please reproduce this once more and, after the crash occurs, use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We’ll need logs from the Surface, not the Core.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan, on Android 8.0, Galaxy S7 phone, tracks listing is empty but no crash. On my laptop, Asus G752VS/32 GB ram/ Windows 10 Home 20H2/ tracks display as expected and no crash, so fine on this machine.

Same results for recordings page on all devices.

All remotes connected by Wifi 5ghz with full signal, very stable.
HTH

Logs can be found at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTApCcreAkpQyRac5koycflPqbtRnbYa/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks.

Hi @Jono

I just wanted to touch base and let you know that our QA team is looking into this and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can with more information.

Thanks for the update Dylan.

Hello @Jono ,

Our QA team is actively looking into this issue, but we need another set of logs to help clarify the error state.

Can we please ask that you reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date of occurrence and then send us a set of logs from both your QNAP Core and the Roon Remote that the issue occurred on?

You can use these instructions to access Core + Remote logs. Any questions just let us know!

Hi noris, I uploaded the requested logs for you. Local time was 21:51 , date 03/03/2021.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hsAcOVdC_1oF6Ol0eXVMaJrpaEnYr9_u/view?usp=drivesdk

With the latest version of the core I still get nothing in the tracks field, pressing more next to tracks shows results but does not produce a crash, I tried 10 times. However pressing more next to Composers, Albums or Compositions produces a hard crash without fail. More next to Artists does not produce a crash. HTH

Regards, Jon.

1 Like

Thanks for sending the logs + timestamps @Jono , I forwarded this to the team!

This issue is still not completely resolved for me. Currently on Roon 1.8 build 831. I now have tracks appearing after reinstalling remotes but I’m still getting crashes. On my Surface Pro 6 the first time I click on the more button everything is fine, but if I click on < to return to the search results and then click on more Roon crashes. The same procedure on my Galaxy S7 causes Roon to freeze. I hope this issue can be resolved, it has been a long time since I first reported it*.*

Update
I decided to reinstall the core and so far everything is now behaving normally. If this changes I will get back to you.

1 Like

Hey @Jono,

It’s been a while since your last post - thank you for updating it :pray:

I was wondering if there’s an update to the update :sweat_smile: . Have things been working ok for you?

Hi Rebeka, all has been working as expected since reinstalling everything , thanks for asking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.