Search Slow with Qobuz On

I am seeing the same thing. Sometimes the searches are immediate, but then sometimes I just get the jellyfish for too long. There have been times when I’ve run out of patience and force quit the iOS app, however this alone doesn’t seem to solve the problem. Eventually the searches complete, and all goes back to normal.
My experience is with Qobuz only.

2 Likes

Hi @CJ_Eichinger,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you provide an example of searches that you’re performing and how long they take?

Sure… here are the details:

Roon Core running on Synology DS916+ w/ 8GB RAM. Configured as a 4-drive RAID.

Synology and endpoint both hardwired w/ Cat6 into the same switch.

Music and database both reside on the 4-drive RAID, though tomorrow I am moving the library off to an external USB 3.0 SSD (128GB).

Often what happens is if I’m playing a song from Qobuz through Roon, and I click on the album link at the bottom of the screen (the now playing section), I’d expect it to go to the album so I can browse songs. This is most often where I get the stalled response. Sometimes I just need to quit out of Roon and relaunch it. Sometimes, I just need to search something else in Qobuz, like go to their start page within Roon, click on a random album (which pops up very quickly), and the click back to the album I want, and then it appears pretty quickly.

Oh, and I just want to add that local searches are lightning fast, even with the database not being on SSD (yet).

Hi @CJ_Eichinger,

Can you confirm the model of switch that your devices are connected to? What router is in use?

The next time that you’re in this state where things seem slow, I was hoping you could perform the following test. Please make a note of the time that you start the test and how long each step takes:

1. Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

Respond here with the times for each and the time that you started (and your timezone). I’ll pass these results along to the team to aid in their investigation.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.