Roon 1.5 (build 323) stable (64bit)
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS build 17134.48
- click search icon (roon)
- Windows on-screen keyboard appears.
- click search icon again
- type a letter in the search box.
- Windows on-screen keyboard exits.
- roon search box exits.
- no search conducted in roon.
also, not releted to problem, tried to upload png file then jpg file and got this error on screen: uninitialized constant EXIFR::JPEG.
Thank you for your report, @Gary_Thomas!
I tried this myself on both of my Windows 10 devices, and was not able to replicate the issue, so I was hoping to get a bit more information from you regarding the behavior you are seeing.
- Has this always happened? Was there a recent Windows update that changed this behavior for you?
- Does this happen in other areas of Roon? What about other applications?
- In Settings > Setup do you have Enable On-Screen Keyboard active?
- Since noticing this behavior, have you tried rebooting your PC?
- Is this device your Core machine, or just a remote?
- Can you please provide the exact make and model of the Windows 10 device you are using?
Thanks for the information, @Gary_Thomas!
I’m passing along this information to the technical team to see what they can come up with in house. I’ll be sure to keep you updated on their investigation here.
In the meantime, can I ask that you please verify one thing for me? In Roon, under Settings > Setup do you have Enable On-Screen Keyboard active?
Why yes! That roon setting is enabled! Don’t rember turning that on.
Looks like that fixed my problem. Thanks.