Searches are occasionally slow

This is also consistent with my experience where both search and choosing albums from search (it could be artists, I haven’t paid rigorous enough attention) can be extremely slow around 15 - 20% of the time. Last night I also had my only significant experience of an album being slow to start playing (about 25 seconds)…the timeline advanced but the music didn’t. All new music is coming from Tidal, no Qobuz sub.

Core is a hardwired ROCK 7i5 NUC, primary endpoint is hardwired, controls are Android WiFi-based using Ubiquiti Unifi APs.

It doesn’t happen enough for me to get too excited about it but I did want to add a voice to suggest that this is more than a 1-off user case.

2 Likes

Hello @dhusky,

Thanks for the post here. We are investigating a few reports surrounding this issue and are asking users to run a test so that we can have a better baseline of factors surrounding this issue.

Can you please perform this test the next time you’re in this state and respond with the exact local time that you start the test (e.g. 11:38AM) and the time that each step takes:

1. Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

Thanks,
Noris

Msny thanks @noris, will do.

Hi Noris,

Have noticed a few slow searches recently and finally got round to generating the data you requested. Oddly I had a little trouble finding the Daft Punk album until I searched for it explicitly.

A search for “Over the Rhine” took at least 45 seconds to return at 21.12 BST this evening.

Run a speed test here and report your results in your response 1

Upload 8.46 Mb/sec, Download 55.97 Mb/Sec, Network latency: 36 msec round trip time Jitter: 124 msec

Open Overview page. 2 sec

Open Discover page. 12 sec

Perform a search for “The Beatles”. 2 sec

Open “The Beatles” artist page. Instant

Open the “Help!” album page. 2 sec

Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?). 4 sec

Search for “Daft Punk”. ?2 sec

Open the “Daft Punk” artist page. Instant

Open the “Random Access Memories” album page. 2 sec

Start playback of “Random Access Memories”. 4 sec

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.