Searches hanging

I’m still having this problem of search hanging and not getting a result. My core is a windows 10 server and my remote is a Surface Pro.

Hi @danny2,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Please also verify the following:

• Does this behavior occur for every search?
  • If this does not occur for every search:
    • How often does this occur?
    • Have you noticed any specific patterns that seem to lead to this behavior occurring?
    • Can you provide a specific example of a search that doesn’t yield any results?

Nework: ADSL connection over ethernet via Linksys ac1900 router and TP link 8 port unmanged switch. Basically the Linksys receives the internet signal and everything else using ethernet is plugged into the switch,
Roon Core: Xeon Server i7 running Win10 64, 16 GB RAM, over ethernet to switch
Roon Endpoint: Bricasti M5 over ethernet
Roon Control: Microsoft Surface Pro 2017 running Windows 10 64, mobile m3 CPU 4GB RAM; connection to network is wirelessl
Library is on a HDD in the Roon Core server, about 22000 tracks, + Qobuz

I’d say I have this problem intermittently Sometimes several searches in a row, sometimes very occasionally.

Today I did a search for “The Allman Brothers”, which took a very long time to complete (I have local and Qobuz files in my library)- it seemed to hang but then completed after more than 40 seconds.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. If this is an issue with your servers, I guess you can improve the situation, as it didn’t seem to be one in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.