Searching for dance music (Tango (Vienna), Waltz, Foxtrot, Paso Doble)

Hey all,

I‘m pretty new to Roon and currently in my trial period. What I did not find up to now is searching music by their rythms, e.g. showing all music to which one could dance waltz or all music to which one could dance Tango Argentino.
Is this possible? Or would I have to create a Playlist for each?
If it is not, does Roon have an Api so that I could try to create a program which adds such metadata?

Kind regards,
Jan

Hi @Jan_Kuhnemund,

Welcome to the forum!

I am not quite sure I understand your question here, are you referring to browsing Roon based on a specific genre? If so, you can dive in to your Genre’s and Sub-Genre’s in the app directly, more information here:

You can also use Roon’s Focus Feature on the Tracks or Albums browser to find what you’re looking for:

Thanks!
I’ll try to rephrase: I’m trying to set the Focus on music with a specific beats per bar / measure as well as a specific beats per minute. This is important to me because it is very time consuming to look up titles compatible to specific dance types.
Lets say I want to train dancing a slow waltz. For that I need a song with a 3/4 “measure(?)” (Takt in german) with 85 - 95 beats per minute. Now I could scour my library for all titles having that type of metre but if I instead could just use the focus to filter to all music having that it would make life a lot easier!

2 Likes

Hi @Jan_Kuhnemund,

Thanks for those additional details! Unfortunately, what you are requesting here is no an existing functionality of Roon, but you can certainly submit a feature request regarding this!

Since this appears to be "working as designed" I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Request section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.