Second folder from same USB drive will not import

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Mini with directly connected USB hard drive. Roon 1.7 (511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

n/a

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

n/a

Description Of Issue

One folder of music on USB connected hard drive works fine. Pointing to another folder on the same drive gives message of “This directory appears to be empty” which of course it’s not and music in that folder (FLAC for example) will play just fine off the USB drive from VLC.

Ideas?

Hi @Jeremy_Lucas,

Is there any change if you reboot the Core machine?

No change in restarting Roon.
Also no change rebooting the Mini and deleting then trying to re-add the folder.

Hi @Jeremy_Lucas,

If you take one of the files from the Heathers Music folder and place it in one of the other watched folders does that file import into Roon?

The drive is formatted NTFS so I had shut down roon and connect my PC to the USB drive to try your suggestion. However ultimately I couldn’t really check your suggestion as when I reconnect the drive and restarted roon, the other folder started importing!!! Very strange since essentially this same disconnect then restart procedure had been done before. Whatever the reason, my wife is now happy. Thanks for all the prompt responses. Happy holidays!

1 Like

Hi @Jeremy_Lucas,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening, and happy holidays :headphones: :snowflake:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.