Second Roon Nucleus at Home

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon 1.6 (build 416) Roon OS Version 1.0 (build 175) Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Apple Airport Extreme

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon Nuclues/Bluesound Powernode 2i/ Krell Digital Vanguard–all networked through ethernet

Description Of Issue

I have set up my roon nucleus at the office; I enjoy it so much I want to set up a second one at home. I got started with the process and it began discussing permissions?? Can you walk me through the process? Thank you.

“discussing permissions” is a bit vague. Can you say exactly what it says?

I really don’t remember, and I’m not at home right now. I can be tomorrow and can’t state exactly what it says then.

Hi @Matthew_Chasar,

It would be helpful if you could share a screenshot of what you’re seeing here.

Was the message referring to authorizations?

Yes. I believe so.

If you have a single account, you will need to tell your new machine you want it to be your core. That will disable your work machine until you go back and re-enable it. Only one core can be authorised at any given time on a single account. Otherwise you need an additional Roon licence.

1 Like

I have a single account. Is there a different account that would make this simpler?

Hi @Matthew_Chasar,

Take a look at our KB article about Roon licenses.

You can switch between which Core is authorized at any time. As long as you’re not using both Cores at the same time, you can just switch between the two. In order to use both at the same time, you’d need to buy a second license.

If i can add the (may not so obvious) basics:

1. You need a license for each Nucleus that operates concurrently.

2. You appear to have once license.

3. So you have to either: a) buy another to use both at once or b) de-authorize which ever nucleus you are not using to switch to the other. This is something you would do each time you get to work or home. I do it all the time to take music and ROON with me, from my NUC to my laptop. Its easy to do and there is no limit to how many times you can flow back and forth. You just cant use two cores at once with only once license.

G

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.