Selecting a specific version of an album to play in Roon when multiple are available

I have several albums that are both in my Roon library stored locally, and in Tidal at a higher bit rate. I’d like to be able to select the Tidal version sometimes instead of the local version in the library. It is pretty easy to select the local version, but is there an easy version to select the Tidal version? See the attached screenshot showing several of the albums with both a local version and a Tidal version. Thank you in advance.

This doesn’t work for you?

Sorry, I’m not sure what “This” refers to in your message. Where is that screen in the app?

Versions for each album.

Ah, thank you @ged_hickman1. The solution was hiding in plain sight.

Related question, is there a way to have Roon default to the version that is the best quality?

Therein lies endless debate. What is best quality?

No such filter exists as yet :slightly_smiling_face:

I do it like this.

It will default to what it thinks is the highest Res if it’s a duplicate album. By default it thinks MQA is better than normal CD. But you can set it to be which version you want by clicking on the the 3 dots menu on that version and choose make primary.

2 Likes

Urggh too messy Jim, for me that completely goes against using Roon as that’s how other apps that blend libraries such as LMS shows it.

I like it this way. I have both Tidal and Qobuz with no local music. I go to the artist I want to listen to, then choose an album in Tidal or Qobuz. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa. I click once to choose an album. This method certainly does not go against anything.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.