Selecting multiple live radio and playing them fails on Ipad and Mac Client

Roon Core Machine

OS: Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.10.5-051005-generic x86_64)

description: Desktop Computer
product: Aspire R3610 (To Be Filled By O.E.M.)
vendor: Acer

description: CPU
product: Intel(R) Atom™ CPU 330 @ 1.60GHZ

description: System Memory
physical id: e
slot: System board or motherboard
size: 4GiB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not relevant

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos
Devialet Phantom I

Number of Tracks in Library

more than 100K tracks

Description of Issue

Possible bug: When going to Live Radio menu on Roon 1.8 (Build 1021) on MacOS 12.5.1 or IOS 15.6.1 (iPad 8th Gen), selecting multiple radio streams and pressing the “Play” button has no effect.

Selecting a single radio stream and pressing the “Play” button works as expected.

Note: I wish to select multiple radio so I can find a program that suites my current mood. There might be another way to that I am not aware of. Thanks for enlightening me in case.

You can only play one radio station at a time. Like a radio.

Incidentally, your core machine is woefully inadequate to run Roon reliably.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Atom+330+%40+1.60GHz

Incidentally, I tweaked Linux a bit and it runs only the bare minimum services. I am running Roon for many years without major problems, streaming sometimes to 3 endpoints.

Roon high yearly fees are not allowing me to save for a decent machine :yum:

That’s understood, but I want to add several radio in a queue so I can quickly switch from one to the next one until I find a nice program.

If not possible, then the UI should not allow selection of multiple radio streams.

On my phone it won’t allow me to do so, perhaps you have found a UI inconsistentcy.

1 Like

Hi @FVO ,

Thanks for the feedback here. The expected behavior here is that when you select multiple radio stations, the Play button is deactivated.

Since this is not a current feature of Roon, I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the Feature Suggestions section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.