Mac mini 2012 i5 8Gb
Linux roon 4.19.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.152-1 (2020-10-18) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Latest Roon core and remote
Unifi UAP-AC-Pro, US-8, USG-3P, USW-Flex-Mini, Airport Express
Core connected to QUAD Vena 2 via USB, other device is Meridian 218/5200 but I haven’t checked for the problem on that queue.
Combination of local and Qobuz for music
Description of Issue
Further info: I have found that a lot of artists with a large number of albums in the library only select from a limited number of those albums. For instance, I have 12 Beatles albums but the play out only comes from 3. I’ve retracted the original observation about the problem not showing with other artists as the more I investigate the more often I see this effect. I’m not sure if it’s the same thing as described below?
Hmm. So I have a local collection of 14 Kristin Hersh albums/singles. If I select any one of them they will play correctly. However, when I go to the Artist “Play now” it will regularly select
- one from a group of two from a single album (Hips and Makers). The album and the two tracks are both ticked as highlight tracks (quite rightly!), then
- the same five tracks from another album (Live at Noe Valley Ministry), each time in the same order. Two are sequential but it is not a solid group, then
- it decides there is nothing else to play from 14 albums, plus loads of related Throwing Muses, 50’ Wave etc., and just stops.
I double-checked that the other albums will play directly, they seem to be fine.
It seems to be repeatable. I’ve rebooted the core but this had no effect.
Very curious, any ideas?
I’ve passed this over to our QA team so they can take a closer look. Thanks for the feedback!
Hi @Dylan, no problem.
I’ve got a couple more data points in case it helps:
- Bob Dylan, no problems at all
- 50 Foot Wave, same problem: 1 track from one album, 6 from one other album then nothin
- Throwing Muses, even worse: 1 track from one album then nothing.
I also note that the first track is always from a local file and the subsequent tracks are all from Qobuz, even if they exist as a local file.
I look forward to understanding this interesting corner case!
Hi @Dylan - I’ve confirmed that the problem is still there in Build 806; Artist Radio is still broken for me.
Just today we released some server-side changes that may help here. Can you give this a try? If you’re still seeing issues please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).Thanks!
Thanks for letting me know. I’ve checked but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference . Ah well. I think I’ve captured the correct logs (RoonServer not RAATServer), here: Dropbox - RoonServer-IanM-210716.zip - Simplify your life.
The errors you are seeing are definitely different compared to stuff we’ve been seeing from others having issues. Strangely, Roon Radio appears to be working. You’re communicating with our Radio servers and picks are being made, but they were all failing.
I dug a little deeper and looked outside of Radio, specifically at your communications with Qobuz servers. Here, I found this:
Current authenticated user is not authorized to perform this request
It looks like Qobuz is saying that you don’t have permissions to stream this content — It seems account-related. Is your Qobuz account in good standing? Are you able to play Qobuz content outside of Radio? What about in the Qobuz app?
Ah great - everyone loves to be an edge case! So, here are some more data points for you:
- In all other regards, Qobuz is working fine for me: library content, New Releases (both For You and the generic Qobuz lists) all play out as expected
- Qobuz app is fine, as is Web Player
- I recently changed the email address associated with Qobuz and it looks like the Roon token was obtained before the change, so I logged out and back in with the new email address and…nothing has changed in the functionality
- Given I have stacks of local content (which is actually what I want Play Artist to pick from anyway!) I did a quick experiment. I disabled Qobuz (not logging out, just disabling) and hit Play Artist - voila! A nice broad selection tracks from my local content sprang forth. I re-enabled Qobuz and…back to the previous functionality. So at least I have a temporary workaround.
(PS, I’ve been in the software development and testing business for 30 years, so I don’t envy you!)
Well I’m frustrated to say that, two updates later, this problem is still there and still a bit irritating
Anything more I can give you to try and resolve this?
Since this ticket seems to have gone stale I’m going to close it and start another which will hopefully get to the source of my confusion and/or understand the fault.
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.