Selection of Roon vs File for "live" designation of tracks

I have a number of tracks that Roon flags as “live” that actually aren’t and then ones that are live that it doesn’t flag.

So I figured I’d tag the appropriate albums. No problem there.

However, unlike so many other selections, there doesn’t seem to be a way to “prefer file” on a global basis. I’ve had to change the preference for each affected album.

Am I missing where I can set the preference globally?

This data is solely provided by the metadata providers and thus there’s no prefer file nor a preference setting (you don’t have a choice here) ATM.

Nope. Not the way it works. Go into the “track editor” and select “metadata preferences” and there is an entry for “Live” where you can select “Roon” or “File”.

As I said, this all works fine. I can tag my track files with the LIVE tag and change the preference and it all works fine.

It however is a pain that there isn’t a global setting with the rest in settings.

I just moved this to the support/metadata issues category. Or at least I think I did.

Maybe I wasn’t fully awake when posting. :smiley: My answer belongs to albums only.

When one wants a feature currently not available, it’s called a feature request. Why not move it there (#roon:feature-requests)?

Hi @Ken_Lesniak,

There is currently no option to set this preference globally. I would recommend (as BlackJack suggested) also posting your suggestion in the ‘feature request’ section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

Thanks @dylan. I was hoping that there was a way to do what I wanted but that somehow I wasn’t seeing it. I’ll move to the feature request section.

Just moved this to “feature request” since there doesn’t seem to be a way to do what I want.

To reiterate, you can select “Prefer Roon” vs “Prefer File” as a Metadata Preference for “Live” on individual tracks. There should be a corresponding entry in Settings->Library->Import Settings under “Metadata preferences for tracks”.

And please review the other track specific preferences and add any other missing ones to Import Settings to sync things up so I don’t have to enter more feature requests for them :wink:

+1 from my side for this request.