Selection on location fails [Resolved after fresh install]

Okay,
it seems I f*d up.
I learned a trick to focus on location, and play files from that location only. Worked like charm.
Now I recently ejected some storage from my NAS after making an external backup, and ejected my external SSD instead.
So I reconnected, but I had to re-scan everything.
Since then I’m having multiple issues. This one is that I can still make a bookmark for focus on location, but when I play all, Roon plays verything, including stuff that’s not on that location.
How to fix?

Hi,

I’m assuming that the Roon Core was running when you ejected the SSD so there’s a risk the Roon database may have been corrupted.

Do you have a Roon DB backup that you could restore?

If not then you may have to reinstall Roon from scratch including the DB. I’ll tag @support to see what they recommend.

1 Like

Hi,
tx for getting back quickly.
No, I have no backup, and yes it was running. Double whammy.
So will select a proper time for a new install from scratch.

EDIT:
I did a fresh install, works fine. Or at least as good as it was. No more album art confusion. No more Blues for Billie.

Hi @Egbert_Braam ---- Based on your post, I agree with @Carl 's comment, and fear that DB could’ve become corrupted based on the performed action(s).

If you have further problems, we can certainly take a look at your logs to try and make this determination.
-Eric

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: A little confused about Genre mapping