Separate Rooms for Hi Fi and Home Theater

Separate rooms. My study ~(4 x 4)m for hi-fi and main L-shaped living room ~(9 x 7)m is home of a 40" Samsung UE40H6400 TV plus a modest Yamaha receiver and Tannoy 5.1 speakers.

I move around the house with a Chord Mojo Poly combination and Beyerdynamic T5p.2 cans.

Iā€™ve had separate rooms for Hif Fi and home theater for quite some time. Yes us Americans have houses that are way too big but in this case, size does matter.

The home theater room has a 60" HDTV and a Marantz HTR with 5.1 surround sound which also sounds pretty good for music. A mix of different speakers: Totem center channel (my best audio purchase ever!), Energy front, Mission rear and Linn sub.

The main audio room has Sim Audio pre and power amps driving stereo Vandersteen speakers with Vandersteen sub. No TV in the room.

I use a room for bothā€¦ my system consists of 3x ATC 50 actives with 2 x ATC 20-2 actives for the rear and an ATC C4 sub. I have an Anthem processor for the surround material and a Mark Levinson pre amp for stereo (using the theatre bypass when using surround sound). I think it is a pretty good way of meeting both sets of requirements without much in he way of compromiseā€¦

1 Like

I have an Energy 7.1 system with Outlaw processor and ampsā€¦
The Energys are only good for sound effects. In my pre-Roon days I listened to music thru them.

I am going to move to GoldenEar center and surrounds.

Maybe I should have that the front speakers are Energy Veritas 2.1 three way bookshelf speakers on dedicated stands and sound quite good when playing music or sound effects.

Hmm, we could be talking about two different speaker companies.

Last week, for my fronts I changed to HT pass thru from my PrimaLuna into a pair of Triton 5s.

No same speaker company just two different lines of speakers. Like many other speaker companies Energy has several different model lines with various price points. The Veritas line was Energyā€™s ā€œhigh endā€ line from the early 2000s.