Server Connections Interrupted / RoonStorage_xxxxxxx

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacOS 10.14.5 / MacMini 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 / 16GB RAM / Roon 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT2600AC Router - Gigabit Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Synology DS418 NAS

Description Of Issue

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/osuvjwdg1rm0p61/scott_blackman.zip?dl=0

Had a power failure over the weekend. UPS ran out of juice and everything powered down. Since restart I continue to have issues with my Core MacMini throwing up the message “Server Connections Interrupted” with a mount listed as RoonStorage_fc9c858f. Roon will play on my various endpoints, but I can watch the MacMini and music will stop and that message will pop up within a few seconds. It disappears on it’s own and then the next track will play.

I’m at a loss as to how to solve this. Rather than trying to fully document the variety of things I’ve tried, I figured I’d just start with this and the log file and see if you can direct me for some troubleshooting suggestions.

Well - Please disregard. There was no question I was having some issues that seemed to have stemmed from power failure. At the end of the work day I decided to just shut the ENTIRE network down plus all devices (damn do I have too many devices). Then I started from router to hubs to NAS to computers. After everything came back up, all seems to be right with the world.

2 Likes

Hi @Scott_Blackman,

Thanks for letting us know that the entire network reboot resolved this issue for you!
If you run into any more difficulties, please do let us know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.