Server Data files not sync with any updates of data via Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Wired 4 Sound Music Server. OS Mac, OS X and iOS13.2.
Roon 1.6 Build 416p

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Network runs fine no operating problems - router ORBI 55.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Audio device complicated but works very well. No problems.

Description Of Issue
Recently on checking backup file details found the source files ripped by Wired 4 Sound Music server are not correspondingly updated when album data are amended by manual input or automatically identified by Roon metadata.

Source folders remain in their CD code as folder names and source tracks simply as track no.1, track no.2 etc. as identified at time of ripping by wyred4sound server.

Renaming the source folders and tracks does not make them any more identifiable in Roon. It still shows up as “unknown album” with track numbers only.

I have 1000 CD on the server and backup. In the event of a server SSD failure backup will mean I have to re-input all the “unknown albums” again?

Hi @Stephen_Pan1,

What kind of audio format are the ripped files using? Can you share a few screenshots of what they show up and possibly send a few to us for analysis? You can use Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com to upload them and then send them to me via a private message (click my name on the forum -> message).

If you use Roon’s internal Backup manager, you should be able to save a copy of your existing database somewhere safe. After making the manual edits, you can save this backup in multiple locations as a precaution and it should contain the metadata edits that you have made for these files.