Server is crashing when sliding progress bar or changing DSP

I have similar problems. Normal playback is working fine, but if I use the playback progress bar and move the slider for a fast forward it frequently crashes. Also if I switch between DSP configurations it frequently crashes. I’m using an iPad for the remote, but it seems the server is crashing. I have to reboot my PC to get it working again.

Hi,

The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup and the nature of the issue using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.

I found out what is causing the issue. I am using Devialet AIR. If I switch to RAAT everything is working fine again.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting back and glad you’re all good one more.
I’ll make this topic as solved.

On this, Roon do not support switching back to older versions of Roon … for the vast majority of claimed new version issues the new version itself is not the root cause of the issue, but the act of updating which involves stopping and restarting the the Core can causes latent issues to manifest.

Roon’s @support team will of cause work with people to help stabilise their system in these cases.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.