Cox Panoramic modem/router>Trend unmanaged switch>NucleusPlus>Linn SelectDSM>
QNAP TS-251+ NAS
All ethernet connected
ISP speed 1 Gigabyte

Connected Audio Devices

Linn SelektDSM.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have been having this problem on-off since the beginning where the Nucleus server software resets itself at random by itself. The latest occurred today at 3:15pm PDT.

My library is growing but this should not be a problem. I have reinstalled all as well.

This seems to be a problem in that as you see I have 97% available and may happen when it goes or wants to go below the 97% which it NEVER has. I’d appreciate some viable to fix this. I upgraded to the plus for this very reason as I was having the same problem with. If you need my logs please let me know and how to do it.

Thank You

From my April 11th request, again today at 1:57pm PDT another server reset, this happens after I add new albums to my library and again I believe when the server wants to reduce to 96%, how about some response.

I see there are more than several others with the same issue.

I’ve had enough
More than a year and thousands of dollars later still having same issue of server software restarting at will while playing. DO SOMETHING!! Today Sunday 4/24 @ 1508PDT, I haven’t even gotten any response from my 4/11 report.

UPDATE
This is now occurring more frequently, once, twice or more a day, today 4. It can occur when listening from anything, library, NAS, and today Roon radio.
I would like some advice
It has now today 4/27 become unusable, resetting every 15 minutes.

1 Like

Hi there.
I understand your frustrations but it will not help matters to keep creating new support threads for the same issue.
So fo the second time this has been merged into your original thread.
Let’s ping @support for you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding

Hey @Robert_Zinn,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I missed @AceRimmer’s support ping a few days ago, sorry to keep you waiting. We definitely want to get this resolved for you so you’re not delayed further in enjoying your music. Especially when you’re listening to some classic Fleetwood Mac! :fire: :fire: :fire: Peter Green is easily one of my favorite guitarists, and Oh Well, Pt. 1 is one of his best. If you’re not familiar with Michael Bloomfield, dial up From his Head to his Heart to his Hands on Qobuz and give that a listen!

Music talk aside, let’s have you try these steps to clear the server restarting behavior:

• Create a fresh backup
  • Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Nucleus’ Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • Reinstall Roon Os from the WebUI
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database
  • If everything starts up as expected Restore your Backup prior to the issue starting
  • If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

Please let me know if this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you for your response
I will try your suggestions over the weekend and keep you apprised.

I had the opportunity to do this today, Friday. It is now reloading, I’ll let you know
Thanks

Thank you for the update @Robert_Zinn. Give some Bloomfield a listen when you have some time. This is the one I mentioned, a few tracks aren’t streamable on the set but they’re available on other albums in Roon. :fist:t2:

1 Like

I will thank you so much. oh and Fleetwood Mac Rocks!!
Tyr the Lindsey Buckingham “Trilogy” album as well.
BTW just as an FYI I did the same process you described a year or more ago.

Hopefully, those steps will get you going, setting aside the DB with the OS reinstall usually does the trick.

I’ll give the Trilogy collection a spin for sure! Peter is right at the top of my list of favorite guitarists. In my opinion, he’s the best of all the British Blues cats. I first heard him on a Mayall compilation decades ago, absolutely blew my mind.

Here’s a couple favs with some stellar Greeny.

Some of the most firey playing he’s ever done. Live tapes from '67, a bit low-fi in places but well worth a listen.

With Otis Spann, some transcendent guitar lines on display here

2 Likes

Sorry question, should this process be done periodically, say once a year to refresh program?
Thanks

It seems during the night the Server software reset itself again possibly during scheduled back up. It did go down to 95% which it never did but might be a good thing. UPDATE At approximately 845am PDT it reset itself again, it was NOT IN USE, I’m sorry, something has to be done!
UPDATE; The server software has reset during the night every night since I did what you suggested, it has restarted outside of the scheduled back up times.

Thank you for the update @Robert_Zinn, I’m sorry to hear that the steps I recommended didn’t clear it up.

@noris is reviewing your reports and inspecting your logs, he also reaching out to QA to get their input. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience, Robert, while we work on getting this resolved. :pray:t2:

PLEASE NOTE IT IS HAPPENING SO OFTEN ROON HAS BECOME ALMOST UNUSABLE.
Thank You
I hope this is resolved

Should I delete the “OLD ROON BACKUPS”?

Hi @Robert_Zinn,

It’s hard for me to answer your question about what to do with your Roon Backups. If you feel that they’re no longer needed then you can delete them. If you’re uneasy about removing them then follow that feeling and hold on to them.

I have a question following up on the issues you’ve been experiencing with your Roon Server software resetting frequently.

Do you have another audio endpoint you can play to other than the Linn Selekt DSM? If so, would you mind powering off the Linn for a day or so and playing to a different device to see if your software restarts continue while that unit is out of play?

@jamie Great taste! That’s one of the best Blues compilation i own. Mike was such a underrated musician.

2 Likes

The only other end point I have would be a Polk Magnifi sound bar, will this do? I don’t know this will matter as it resets overnight, sometimes twice with the LINN off (in standby), your thoughts? I also had rebooted the Linn seleket DSM.

Please notify @norris Roon went down today at 1507PDT using the Linn, also at 0130 this morning

Thank you @Robert_Zinn,

Yes please give the Polk Magnifi a solo test run for a few days and power off the Linn. @noris and our QA dept are monitoring this thread and your issue closely. We may have a breakthrough.