Set up help for Roon on Qnap Nas

Roon Core Machine

Unable to get Roon set up to recognize my Qnap Nas or play on my home stereo. Roon core installed on my IMac 27 and Qnap TVS 672N but can only play my library on the Imac.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Your NAS has an i3 processor and can do M.2 SSD cache, have you thought about putting the Roon core on your NAS? I have my Roon core and library on a QNAP TVS-672XT and it works very well.

Thank you Mr. Horvath,
I will try uninstalling Roon from my other devices and then install on my Qnap Nas. Will I be just installing the Roon core or do I need to install the other options (ARC, Roon Bridge, etc…)?
Again, thank you for the prompt response.

You’re welcome, it stinks when stuff doesn’t work. Search the QNAP App Center to find and add the Roon app and then install your Roon core in a shared folder. I put the Roon core on my NAS, then made my phone, tablet and Windows PC Roon remotes. According to ARC, my android phone is the only device that is supported to be used for ARC. ARC has worked flawlessly ever since I got it operational, which took some port forwarding effort.

Hey @Karim119,

First off, welcome to community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were able to get things sorted out? If you’re still running into issues, can you please fill out the rest of the necessary setup details listed in your original post? This information is crucial for us to better provide a solution.

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.