Setting device volume

I’m running Roon on an iMac connected via Ethernet to a microRendu => Chord Qutest => Quad 66 => Quad 606 => Quad ESL 63s.

I want to try bypassing the 66 and connecting the Qutest directly to the 606. To do so I’ll need to use Roon’s volume control, not least to avoid blowing up my speakers.

Under device setup for the Qutest, I’m seeing only two options: Device Volume and Fixed Volume. Shouldn’t I also have the option of DSP Volume? Please help me sort this out.

Thanks.

Philip

Okay, I’m replying to my own question just to force the original up to the top of the list. I’d really appreciate some help with accessing DSP Volume for my microRendu/Chord Qutest combo. Any suggestions?

Philip

Hello @Philip_Gibson,

When you go to www.sonicorbiter.com and open the Roon Ready configuration under the settings tab, what do you have the “Volume Control” set to? For DSP Volume to work with Roon, you should have the SonicOrbiter WebUI set to “Software” and then set the zone using Roon’s Device Setup for “Device Volume”.

-John

1 Like

Well, that’s embarassing, John. I really should have been able to work that out for myself. Needless to say, your suggestion resolved the issue. Thank you for your help.

Philip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.