Setting up HQ player with IFI Neo Stream

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi, I am looking for advise on how to set up HQ Player on IFI Neo stream via Roon. Is this possible?

HQPLAYER (or NAA as it’s network protocol) is builtin to the Stream.
So if you have HQPlayer running on a machine it should see the output device that it is connected to when you look for an output device in HQPlayer.
I have a Zen Stream and that works the same way (though I do not have a Neo Stream

Hi Michael,

I have Roon running on PC with HQ Player enabled. In HQ player settings I cannot see the Neo stream which is running on same network. Option for IFI USB device only as far as i can see. Maybe its not possible to stream HQ Player to Neo? Sorry im not tech savvy…

Thanks

Danny when I referred to the output device I was talking about a DAC or SPDIF connected DAC (which I have on my Zen Stream.

The Neo Stream is linked to on this page as a recommended device for working with HQPlayer.

What are you connecting to the Neo Stream to output too?

Maybe @jussi_laako can offer some advice as the creator of HQPlayer

1 Like

Got it working now. I had the Neo in Roon Mode when it should have been Signalyst. I have now got neo selected as endpoint in hq player and streaming through roon. My Neo is streaming from PC and connected up to my Trigon amp. All controlled through roon remote on phone.

All good.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Can I ask what filter settings you use out of curiosity?

2 Likes

:slight_smile: One of the few threads I could not read completely :slight_smile:

Edit: Trigon, nice looking. I did not know. Thanks

2 Likes

Good news, if you want to use both Roon and HQPlayer you can always go into AIO mode and then switch off the services that you don’t want to use.

I see @Traian_Boldea had your back on the filters, and there are plenty of good suggestions there. Might be worth working backwards though :grin:

1 Like

Definitely backwards, and now it is a good “fresh” start with HQP 5 out today

Thanks Micheal,

Appreciate the help :+1:

I know what my Saturday afternoon is going to consist of!!! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the advise. I will do some testing tomorrow :blush:

1 Like

well have fun, and wonder where the time went :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.