Setting up path for music storage folder

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
I want the storage folder to be :
my pc > data (D:) > Roon Library> Roon Music storage will accept this path.

Hi @Jerry_Deverell,

Hopefully this page from the Roon Knowledge Base should help FAQ: How do I import music?.

Hi have tried these suggestions several times but no luck. the last several times i used the remote my
pc will not connect the the nuceus core. If I reboot the Nucleus it will sometimes connect to my PC.
Jerry

Hi,

Roon Core on Nucleus … you did not mention that before only a PC. (That’s why answering all the proforma questions is important, so you get the best advice.)

So if I’m reading this right now … you are attempting to point the Roon Core on the Nucleus to music that is store on your Windows PC.

#1 Whilst this is possible it’s typically it better to have the hard drive directly connected to the Nucleus via USB.

#2 As the music folder you wish to use is on a different machine to where the Roon Core is running, the Core needs a network share to be setup on the target machine. In this the case your Windows PC.
(Google setting up a network share on Windows).

#3 Once that SMB share is setup, you will be able to point the Roon Core watched folder to it as described in the Roon Knowledge Base page I linked to before but under the section “Adding music from a NAS or network share”.

All that said, do consider option #1.

PS I’ve moved this topic to Nucleus section of the forum.

Hi @Jerry_Deverell,

Just to confirm, you’re having trouble adding a watched folder and your remote is having trouble connecting, correct?

Can you describe your current networking setup? What networking gear is in use? How are your devices connected?

Are all remotes having trouble connecting or just the PC?

my set up is PC ether net to router, router ether net to nucleus. Usb nucleus to Lyngdorf 2170 works
great. ether net from seitch to NAD 368 works fine. the router/modem is Hitron. All my music in the D drive and this is where I want to have the watched folder. Currently the nucleus library is on the D drive
in a folder named "roon library "
Jerry

Hi the D drive I’m referring to is located in myusb pc. Not an external drive.
co you still recommend taking an external drive to the nucleus?
Jerry

Hi @Jerry_Deverell,

Just to confirm — You have all of your media on a drive on your PC and you want to add this drive as a watched folder in Roon, correct?

In that case, you’ll want to make sure that the drive on the Windows machine is first shared correctly. You can follow instructions for doing this here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_create_a_shared_folder_on_Windows_and_add_it_as_a_watched_folder_in_Roon%3F

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.