Setting up Roon to work with Auralic Aries

I’ve just downloaded the Roon trial software. I’ve heard a lot of good things and wanted to give it a shot. I have an Auralic Aries that I’ve been using with JRiver up until now. Can anyone explain how to set up Roon to work with the Aries. I’ve been reading some posts but I haven’t found any information that explains the basics. Should the Aries be showing up as one of the PC connections or in the network section? My Aries is connected by Ethernet to my network switch but it’s not showing up anywhere in the Audio Settings page. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Hi Stephen,

Here’s a screen shot off of my phone. In Settings you should see a special box (Roon Ready)

Name your Aries whatever you want (mine is in my Den) and then you should be able to choose it from devices on your computer, phone, or tablet. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response. I figured out the problem. I had forgotten to change the settings in my Lightning DS app from UpNp back to Lightning DS. As soon as I did that it showed up right away.

1 Like