Settings not displaying properly or crashing [Resolved with Build 756]

The solution in the 3rd post is not working for Windows 8.1. My operating system’s language was in English, but no complete settings menu for me. I think @dylan meant the Region settings: changing Region Formats from Dutch to English UK did the trick for me. Works on Windows 10 too.

Changing this setting also fixed the not-showning (Album) Artists and blue ghosting in the columns in my Playlists as well :smirk:

The windows version has a bug on the settings menu. I only see general settings in menu item and not for example “storage”," audio" etc.

7 Likes

Almost all setting pages have disappeared on Windows. I tried it on two different systems.

The only setting page which is accessable is the ‘General’ setting page.

4 Likes

i have the App crash too when clicking settings on ipad.

In PC Software i see in settings just Browsersetting and Sort Settings, not the other settings like Location, System, Info etc

should i reinstall completely?

1 Like

I’ll need some time to get used to it, but it’s way cleaner and polished

IK have sopme issues on the Configuration page

and on My Tracks

An also on My History there are these purple things in the middle, but it won’t let me upload the picture

8 Likes

I am not impressed…
iPad Pro crashes when I want to enter the settings menu and still no touchpad support.
iPhone Xs & 11 crashes when I click on Display & About in the settings menu.
I am really surprised that these issues didn‘t show up during beta testing…

4 Likes

Same here! German Language…

Same Problem here on iPad Pro.

App crash on selection in Settings.

1 Like

Me too. This is a lack of essential functionality on widespread remotes. This must be found in beta phase. There are no excuses for this issiues.

1 Like

Same here, settings not showing up :confused:

1 Like

Same issue here:

And weird My Tracks view as well:

Same behaviour here. On my devices, using German language setting, more specifically:

Using iPadOS 14.3 (18C66), Roon Remote 1.8.00748 always crashes when entering the app settings.

Using iOS 14.4 (18D52), the same app version does not crash when entering the app settings, but only for the following three setting subentries: Web-Anzeigen, Erweiterungen, Info
All other subentries work fine.

Also no crashes when trying to access the Profile.

I am not experiencing the aforementioned language issues; however, when I click on say an artist ‘s name i get their picture, but the rest takes forever to load. I can only see a Roon logo flashing (thinking). I am experiencing the same behavior on Ipad OS, IOs and MacOs.
I run my core using ROCK in a NUC. As suggested I updated all the remotes prior to updating the core.
Not sure what is wrong but hoping it can get sorted soon.
PS. I have rebooted the core twice, but nothing changes.

Cheers

Xavier

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Once you get into General Settings you cannot go back

Same here. There is a half-tab in purple where I think the other tabs should have been? Also, the language selection menu is garbled on the bottom.

Core Machine (Mac OS High Siërra Roon 1.8)

After update to 1.8 selecting the tab Didplays in Settings the Roon app crashes as well as on a iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.2 and iPad Air iOS 12

Network Details (WiFi 2.4-5GHz Mesh from tp-link DHCP)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

Same here, iMac with MacOS10.13.6

**Core Machine **
Gigabyte brix (nuc) i5 8250u windows 10 20H2

Network Details (WiFi 2.4-5GHz Mesh from tp-link DHCP)

ethernet plugged cable.

usb out

Description Of Issue

I have quite the same problem on my windows 10 20H2 version, Nuc . When click settings roon 1.8 shutdowns. Also when i click on manage profile in the right corner, shutdowns roon…

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus 1.8

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet, Apple Time Capsule

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge via Ethernet

Description Of Issue

When I click History, Settings etc. ipad app crashes (1.8 latest version) constantly, not able to use it (ios 14.4)

Same issue on my iPad with iOS 14.4, works fine on android phone though

Roon Core on win 10 pc

2 Likes