Settings not displaying properly or crashing [Resolved with Build 756]

same here
on iPad Air 3 > settings > crash. Disappointing!

1 Like

I can confirm this is the Issue. I changed my keyboard settings in Windows from English (Netherlands) to English (United States) and restarted Roon. Now the Settings in Roon are working as normal. Change it back and it won’t

1 Like

Hi, same for me. iOS 14.4 on iPad Pro and iPad Air (2019). By choosing settings the app crashes. My workaround is using an Android device.

Thanks @Leon_van_der_Koelen, this works for me too in The Netherlands, let’s hope for a quick fix. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have an 2018 iPad Pro with latest updates and roon app crashes the moment you open the app. Instantly.

I’ve installed my windows using English system language as well. However in regional setting I’m using ‘English (Nederlands)’. Changing this to ‘English (United Kingdom)’ and restarting Roon brought back the settings. However now my dates and decimal/thousand seperators are all in formatted UK style.
Regional settings remains a challange in software development (I used to work for a Canadian software company, and we always had these issues when releasing new versions).

same problem, no setting details appear (accept GENERAL) on Windows and Ipad, however its working on the iphone (14.4).

Welcome to the beta test. Unfortunately, even with Windows 64bit (German), the first tab (general) can only be reached with the setting. On the iphone with ios 14.4 crash in Settings → Info and in Settings → Web Ads.
I find the workaround with the conversion of the entire operating system unreasonable.

I even find the new Roon 1.8 generally more confusing than 1.7.

1 Like

I have this issue as well, but I have seen here on the forum that Roon developers are aware of this and they are working on a solution. Until there is an update that fixes this bug, I am able to use settings when I use Roon Remote from my phone iOS. I can live with that until there is an update that solves this issue. Best of luck to Roon dev, to find a solution to this and to roll it out.

The same for me switching between Italiano and English (United States).
I have three Win 10 PCs in my network and after changing Win 10 language to English only on one of them, Settings are properly displayed on the other two PCs with Windows language set to Italiano and Roon language set to English and also with Roon language set to Italiano (only few translation lacks…)
Everything OK from first download on Android devices (Samsung S9 and Samsung Tab S4)

The new version crashes all the time when i click on settings.
It crashes as well when i click on title.

1 Like

Hi, All my devices are in english and it still crashes

Rebooting doesn’t change anything.
It works on the Android remote, but not on the Windows10 version.
Any help/suggestions?

After checking the languages it turned out language for app was english/dutch, replaced in english only. everything works fine.

You must be joking … I am not going to change my OS settings for one app … do some QA before shipping.

2 Likes

I had the same settings problem yesterday. After changing my windows 10 language to English it solved the problem. But this morning (after shut down and restart) the same problem is here again and now with the changed language settings(to English) from yesterday evening.

Stimmt nicht! Auch in Englisch nur allgemeine Einstellungen sichtbar

2 Likes

Same problems with Roon 1.8.

I use an iPad Mini 4 and an iPhone 11 both with latest software. Both iOS devices crashes from the moment when I open „settings“ and then „displays“ or „about“. In addition also I see the purple color stripe on the iPad. Reinstallation of the Roon-App does not solve the problem nor the restarting of the Core or the changing of the language from German to English.

So far the Roon-App on my Macbook Pro with macOS works without any problems.

I hope there is a fix for this bug on iOS mobile devices soon!

Or add tags in focus inside the albums!!!

There are a number of Qobuz items that have the wrong metadata for file resolution. I believe the info on the main display reflects Qobuz’s metadata while the signal path shows the real resolution of the file. Put another way this may well be a Qobuz metadata issue, not Roon’s.

1 Like