Settings not displaying properly or crashing [Resolved with Build 756]

Setting IPad language (not roon language) to english helps.

2 Likes

Correct - thank you Roland
@Support

Ipad system language in German and roon language in english → CRASH
Ipad system language in english and Roon language in english → it is working

But on iphone
Iphone system language in German and roon language in english → it is working

Please report here, when an update is avaliable - thank you

My iPhone 11 Roon 1.8 crashes stopped after I reset iPhone.

How to Hard Reset the iPhone 11 , iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button

But that is not the final solution hopefully

I started with Roon 4 days ago with a trial. I had those crashes on my iPhone from the beginning even with 1.7. Wondering if this issue is relating to 1.8 …

iPad and MacBook Pro are working so far without crashes. However I cannot see and select the different categories in the setting section on my iPad. And does somebody know if it is normal that scrolling with a trackpad on iPad is not working?

Thank you.

Changing the language setting on my iPad did indeed prevent the crashes. Roon itself is and was set in English.
Changing the iPad back to Dutch brought back the crashes.

(I can remember a Sooloos update that also had issues when both languages were not the same.)

iOS app crashes when choosing “display” or “about” under settings.

4 Likes

I have the same problem both in Windows 10 and IOS changing language did not help

2 Likes

I can confirm this. The same problem with me.

1 Like

I had the same issue…

I found a workaround for me:
After I changed the language of my windows-system from geman to english, i was able to access the settings very well. It looks like, that there is an issue with the german translation of roon. I had the same issue on my Iphone and Ipad and the workaround works on both devices too…

Try it just the other way round.
iPad System language “english” (not UK, Australia or other English versions)
Roon App Language english or german.
This should stop the crashing.

The workaround does not work for me.
The interface was English when I upgraded to 1.8.
I cycled through 4 or 5 languages and back to English but the issue remains.
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.789.

Same issue on a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, Build 19042.746. Setting menue isn’t complete, just “General” view is available. Change from German to English doesn’t have any effect - fortunately no crashing.

Interestingly, I have no problems at all on my Android tablet Samsung TAB S6 Pro. The settings menu is displayed completely. The language setting doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Workaround does not work here as well.

German Windows 10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.789

Switched system language to english (united states) and rebooted twice. Settings still deprecated.

nope. I‘ll wait. Should get fixed pretty swiftly

Settings on Windows leads to a crash and Tidal scrolling with touch screen leads to a crash.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Build 19042.789.
Settings and Tidal scrolling only over Android device.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus (Win10/1.8)
Hello, after downloading the roon software 1.8, I can no longer find the settings menu. In addition, the Ipad app crashes after I go to settings. Are these errors in the software or app?
I ask for help!

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

TEXT GOES HERE

1 Like

It must be more subtle than that. I am indeed in a Dutch locale, but my machine was installed with an English version of windows, and my keyboard is English too. Still, no settings…

1 Like

i have the said behavior on my iPad (6.Gen) when pressing Settings in the menu or Manage profiles under my profile image. Interstingly, it actually doesn‘t crash, just the roon window minimizes but is still active in the background.

The solution in the 3rd post is not working for Windows 8.1. My operating system’s language was in English, but no complete settings menu for me. I think @dylan meant the Region settings: changing Region Formats from Dutch to English UK did the trick for me. Works on Windows 10 too.

Changing this setting also fixed the not-showning (Album) Artists and blue ghosting in the columns in my Playlists as well :smirk: